Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Faith

I have often fought with the thought that if I had MORE faith I would get pregnant. Its something that has been said to me a few times. In more ways than one. But you know what? God reminded me of a scripture this morning that really touched my spirit.

Matthew 17:20
20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief;[d] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”

He says very clearly that with the faith of a mustard seed we can move mountains...
I totally believe that God CAN get me pregnant, the doubt that I have personally been dealing with is the doubt that He WILL make me pregnant. Honestly, I think that is satan trying to distract me from my relationship with Christ.

I have had such an emotional week, but I truly believe that God is going to answer our prayers...one way or another. Will it be this month? I have no idea, maybe? But if its not, I know that God is holding me in the palm of His hand and I WILL be ok.

1 comment:

  1. We just did a series called "Faith, Hope and Luck" in church, and one of the big things we addressed was the "if I have enough faith" thing. There are people with EXTRAORDINARY faith, and God sometimes says "no". He has a plan for all of our lives, and sometimes the things we want with all our hearts are not the things that He has in store for us. If you consider all the people who desperately want--and get--babies with NO faith...it doesn't really compute that way. God has a plan for us all, regardless of our faith level.

    I'm definitely not saying that God is telling you "no" with the pregnancy thing, it's probably just a "no" for right now. He probably has the perfect timing and the perfect child for you, and it just hasn't been that time yet.

    I'm a pretty new believer--my husband and I were saved three years ago. But you know I've struggled with infertility, too. After 22 months of trying, we got pregnant only to have a miscarriage at 6 1/2 weeks. Six months later, we got pregnant with our son. If I hadn't miscarried, we wouldn't have him. Losing the baby we did still hurts, but our kiddo was definitely the one we were meant to have. And the same holds for our daughter--I prayed, and fought and begged for a baby. And over two years passed before we became pregnant with her, and now there is no doubt that SHE is the baby who was meant to join our family.

    I hope this makes sense. I just don't think you're being punished for your level of faith. I think that He has the perfect baby for your family waiting, and that baby is coming to you when the time is right. I will continue to pray that the time is SOON and that you are able to keep your faith and trust in God while you wait...I know how completely hard it can be to do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...