Saturday, March 5, 2011

The most sensitive pregnancy announcement Ive ever gotten

I received this yesterday on facebook in a message from my friend M. I love her to death for telling me like this. She is one of my best friends and this proves it:


I written and rewritten this message a million times now. I was going to call you, but didn't want to put you on the spot...

I want you to be one of the first people to know that I found Tuesday that I am pregnant. Believe me when I say, while I am so excited, I so much wanted you and Miles to be the first. I love you guys so much and believe with all my heart that God will bless you with babies and that you will be amazing parents. I am honored to have you in my life and so glad that you will (hopefully) have a place in our child's heart and life.

I know that your surgery is coming up (praying you get pregnant this cycle so you don't need it!) and I'm so excited for you and Miles.

I wanted you to know so that you didn't A. hear it through the grapevine and B. hear it on the spot and feel like you had to hide the hurt. I hate that this will probably make you hurt. For that I pray that our friendship grows stronger and that God would comfort you and surround you with supportive people until your baby comes.

I understand completely if you need time. We will not plan on coming tonight if that is easier for you - please just let me know how I can support you. Again - D & I love you and Miles so much and you are in our prayers more often than you may think.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a thoughtful friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful person to have in your life. I think it's rare to find a person that would give you SO much consideration before announcing this to the world. I extended the same courtesy to one of my friends who fought and lost the battle with infertility (5 failed IVF cycles and they aren't(can't) going to try again. When I attended an infertility seminar announcing a pregnancy in this way was suggested. For all the reasons your friend mentioned in her message.

    You're in my thoughts Ashley and I hope this happens for you soon! I have a good feeling about this cycle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...