Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Welcome to ICLW!!

Im so glad to have joined you ladies this week :) This is my first time joining in!

First off to introduce myself.
My name is Ashley and I have an amazing husband names Miles. We have one furbaby, Honu. That means sea turtle in hawaiian :)

We met almost 2.5 years ago, and have been married for just over a year and a half. Our relationship moved very quickly, so we weren't too surprised when we decided to start trying for our first baby just 3 months in.

I started charting my cycles and quickly realized with the absence of my period that I wasn't ovulating. So after practically harassing my doctor for about 4 months (who was convinced that I was just reacting to getting off the birth control), she did an ultrasound and said everything looked perfect and said that I just needed to wait. After that I just knew it was more than just getting off of birth control, so I sought out another doctor in town and they ran some blood tests and put me on Clomid. The rest is history, which is in my side bar :) I wouldn't want to bore you with all the details of the past year. Essentially now we are on a forced break as my most recent doctor is pretty convinced I have endometriosis, which is causing an LPD and an ovulation disorder.

Over Thanksgiving we suffered our second early loss of the year, a week before my 23rd birthday. Im still processing that, as right after we lost it, we were informed that our chances of getting/staying pregnant was slim to none without surgery. Its been an emotional month. Im pursuing counseling through our church for after the holidays, because I honestly don't know if I know how to process all of this.

Now, since we are on this forced break waiting for surgery, Im trying to process everything that has happened and face the fears and reality of the diagnosis of endometriosis. We are aiming for surgery in March, because I dont want to risk further damage if endo is indeed my issue.

As a teenager, my periods were always super long. I mean we are talking months long, and so heavy I dare say at times I was hemorrhaging. I even passed out once from blood loss, talk about scary! And the cramps, oh man...sometimes they were so bad that I would literally lay in the floor in the fetal position just begging my parents to take me to the doctor. They were convinced I was just being dramatic. It wasnt til I passed out that my mother finally realized there was something wrong, but the doctor dismissed it as something "some women go through". When I moved out, I got onto birth control, which really helped everything period wise. Except I felt crazy and gained a crazy amount of weight on it, so I got off a few times. But it never failed, I would always would get back on it. Until we decided to ttc that is. Needless to say, with my history I always had a feeling it would be hard to get pregnant, but never knew it would be THIS hard. Since getting off of birth control in August of '09, I havent had one period on my own. All have had to be medically induced, went from one extreme to another.

Whew thats alot to read and I do apologize!! Thanks for stopping by! :) Looking forward to a great week!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope things work out for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the endo-removal/Lap is the answer for you!! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's so hard to process everything we go through during this battle. It's difficult, and I'm glad you're finding help!! Good luck, and I'm now a follower1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe doctors. Since when is 'NORMAL' for a period to be that long and painful? Pul-eeze!!


    ~Jem (ICLW#5)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    I am sorry to hear all you've been through. I hope your wait for surgery is short and you are able to find some resolution soon.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, stopping by for ICLW. Best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery. I hope that you can find some positives from this break time. Sometimes breaks can be a blessing in disguise. Trying to be positive for you, hope it's working. :)
    ICLW #69

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses and the endo possibility. I'm with Jem, what is wrong with these doctors who think month long periods and passing out from blood loss is "just" something some women go through? Ugh!! Wishing you lots of luck and joy in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...