Thursday, December 2, 2010

And the bad news just keeps on coming...

Alrighty, so my follow up appointment was yesterday and anytime the doc walks in and says your not going to like what Im about to tell you, you know something bad is about to happen. He said he has never seen someone react to the meds like I did and they NOT have endo....he went on to say that he believes my chances of conceiving without a lap is slim to none. So then he went on to say that if his suspicions are correct, we will need injects because they feed endometriosis more slowly than the pill forms of fertility meds. So our cost of treatment just tripled if not more in cost :(
Essentially now we know which is good, but now we have to figure out when we will be able to afford injects because we obviously will have to go through an intense 6 months of treatment after the lap if endo is found. I seriously feel like everything is falling apart in our quest for children. Im not dealing with ovulation failure, low progesterone, and now endometriosis. We are talking more seriously about IUI and possibly even IVF depending on the results of my lap.
Needless to say my hope for a "break baby" just went down the toilet. Please continue to pray for me and hubs because we are both just stunned and really dont know how to handle the news.

4 comments:

  1. Ashley my heart breaks for you :( I'm so sorry you got this horrible news. 2010 has been a bad year for a lot of people and I hope with these answers that things will be able to move forward for you. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you didn't get good news. When are you thinking about having the lap? At least you still have options, that is a plus. I think about you often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ash, i'm soo sorry you received bad news from the doc... i'm still praying for you i can only imagine how much your heart hurts right now praying He heals it.
    Blessings,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. :( The lap really isn't too bad, but I really do feel like it will be a huge help for you (I think it helped me). I'm really glad that your doctor recognizes that Clomid with endo is BAD. A lot of them don't, so it is great that you have such a knowledgeable doctor.

    I know this year has been absolutely awful for you, but knowing what's wrong is the only way you'll be able to fix it. Hopefully this is just the last little bit of info you needed and now you're going to be able to get your miracle baby. I think of you often!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...