Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Praise You God, even in the storm...

Im sitting here listening to worship music and my mind goes to the song "Ill Praise You In The Storm" by Casting Crowns. I LOVE that song. Its one of my favorite worship songs of all time. It truly is one of the most moving songs I have ever heard. Every single time I hear it I am reminded that we should always praise Him in the storm. He is there when we cry. When we feel forgotten, HE IS THERE.
Im a huge fan of just opening the bible and reading whatever is on that page, I always pray before hand that God will direct my hands to the scripture He wants me to read that day. He always leads me to something that really helps me with what Im dealing with. Sunday I felt that He was telling me to spend more time in worship and so I have made it a point to sit down and make sure I at least spend some time worshiping. I want to hear Him, I want to feel Him again. I want that fire I had, I want to be healed, but more than all that I want to worship Him no matter what. No matter if we are poor, or if we never become parents. He knows best, and I want to be Hot for Him. Not cold or lukewarm, but burning for my God.
Anyways this is the chapter I opened it to this morning. Psalm 147
1 Praise the LORD. [a]
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him!
2 The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers the exiles of Israel.
3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
4 He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.
5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
6 The LORD sustains the humble
but casts the wicked to the ground.
7 Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
make music to our God on the harp.
8 He covers the sky with clouds;
he supplies the earth with rain
and makes grass grow on the hills.
9 He provides food for the cattle
and for the young ravens when they call.
10 His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his delight in the legs of a man;
11 the LORD delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.
12 Extol the LORD, O Jerusalem;
praise your God, O Zion,
13 for he strengthens the bars of your gates
and blesses your people within you.
14 He grants peace to your borders
and satisfies you with the finest of wheat.
15 He sends his command to the earth;
his word runs swiftly.
16 He spreads the snow like wool
and scatters the frost like ashes.
17 He hurls down his hail like pebbles.
Who can withstand his icy blast?
18 He sends his word and melts them;
he stirs up his breezes, and the waters flow.
19 He has revealed his word to Jacob,
his laws and decrees to Israel.
20 He has done this for no other nation;
they do not know his laws.
Praise the LORD.

To me this is pretty amazing, for the situation Im in at the time being. Verses 3-4 are pretty much my favorite in that whole chapter, even though I love the whole chapter. He names the stars! HOW AWESOME IS THAT, there are billions and he knows each one. He binds our wounds, heals our broken hearts. Lord heal my broken heart.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, thank you for continuing to share. I'm so happy to hear about how the Lord is leading you to spend daily time with Him. I know it will be a blessing to you. It is something that is very important to me too.

    God bless,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...